Saturday, November 29, 2014

hello & welcome & other introductory items

I am the Juicebox Queen, McKenna Paige. All hail. *uncomforable pause* You see, I never really know how I'm supposed to begin to describe myself because I'm not sure what people want to know.  I never know how to approach such things.




I'm a sixteen year old (almost seventeen wow soon im going to be an old geezer) that lives in the suburbs, torn between the urban & rural world. I'm talkative for an introvert & I love to meet people, but I prefer to listen to what others have to say & constuct my view of the world based off my interactions. I'm also a perfectionist by nature. I like feeling confident & I feel confident when I take risks. 

You can rarely spot me without a headband on of some sort. I usually tie one of my mother's vintage scarves around my head, but sometimes it's a 90s sweatband or beads. You'll quickly figuire that out. It just is so second-nature, it feels so bare without one. Other go-to habits of mine include cuffing my pants & wearing oversized men's cardigans. I get most of my clothes from second-hand shops or taken from my sister & mother's closets. I'm not a huge fan of retail, I try to reduce my ecological footprint whenever I can. Wow, that really sounded like it came out of an intro-to-environmental-science-textbook didn't it? 

I love to take photos to remember exactly how I was feeling in that moment in my life. I tote around my mother's nikon & my instax mini (polaroid-esque) camera whenever I can. 


          Taken with my Instax Mini 7s

I live for live music. Whenever I'm home, my spotify is playing in the background. I listen to folk, indie & electronic music for the most part. Some of my favorites include The 1975, Mikhael Paskalev, Bastille, Hillsong Young & Free, Flume, The Little Green Cars and Bob Dylan. Quite the assortment, if I do say so myself. Rule of thumb: if it has banjo in it, I'll probably dig it. My friend Clarissa & I often go on concert & acoustic gig adventures. I love to meet band members, yes call me a fangirl, but they are so inspiring awww. I've met the members of Bastille, The 1975, Communist Daughter & Eric Hutchinson. I've also seen Chvrches, Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros, Grouplove, Portugal. The Man, The Weeks and Hillsong Worship live.  My hope for the future is to go to school for music production & management. 

              Dan Smith, of Bastille 

On this blog, I'm hoping to share with you, my dear reader, daily musings, outfits, pages from my art journal where I madly splash paint and ink while listening to music, concert rants, my journey in faith through verses & my thoughts on life's toughest questions,playlists of songs I enjoy & other life shenanigans. 

My friend Micah, really has encouraged me to start my blog back up again. And so I am here. (My previous blog was over on Wordpress & was a lifestyle blog but I didn't fancy it much in case you were curious) Huzzah. He has his own blog over on wordpress at www.mspiely.wordpress.com where he is sharing his faith journey. You should go moosy on over because it has some deep stuff & some useful insights into the Christian faith.  Also because I used the word moosy to get you to visit his blog. He has been an amazing part of my faith journey, reintroducing God's love to me through music.  Everything I do is for my boy, JC. (aka Jesus Christ, if that was confusing)  


All hail. 

Ken

7 comments:

  1. Welcome back to the blogging world :) Love the polaroid pictures, I'd love a polaroid camera so I could have pictures like that all over my room!!

    Emma x

    alittlefreckle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back to the world of blogging! I can't wait to see some of your outfit posts, by what you have written it sounds like you have an amazing style!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. your photography is on point x

    http://photographyalice.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to read more of your posts! Plus, those are some really pretty photographs too. x x

    www.beyondthevelvet.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love instax photos x3 I got one too !

    www.thejuiceboxqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for the lovely comment you left on my blog and you sound amazing from what you've written above! xx
    fashionismyfirstlanguage.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome!! Good luck with this new adventure, I'm sure you'll have a great time ^^

    ReplyDelete